Lake Tahoe UMC & Retreat Center
Lake Tahoe Retreat Center is simple, memorable, and affordable.
This is a place where you are invited to enjoy the wonder of beautiful surroundings paired with loving hospitality for the perfect time away.
All are welcome here.
The Retreat Center is only 4 blocks from Lake Tahoe and is close to many amazing hiking trails and wonderful winter resort activities. A camp/retreat is a great way to build relationships through shared experiences, new challenges, and changes of place and pace – what a meaningful way to explore what’s possible and life-giving!
Come and explore the adventure God has for you!
DAY USE OR OVERNIGHT GATHERINGS - the flexible spaces of the sanctuary, recreation/dining hall, outside stage area and campfire circle are all available. Let us know if you would like to join us for Dinner Church at 6:00 on Tuesday evenings.
RETREAT LODGE ACCOMMODATIONS
This inviting space hosts from 6 to 36 guests in two bunk rooms (10 bunks and 16 floor mattresses or cots) with a full kitchen, a dining and multipurpose room, two full and two half baths. ($25 per person per night)
The apartment area is ideal for individuals, couples, and families, or used as additional housing for larger retreats. It sleeps up to four in a full-size futon and two twins with its own full bath and living area. The space can be enjoyed on its own ($75 per night) or with the rest of the retreat center at no additional cost.
Our retreat center is ideal for youth groups, church retreats, campus ministry teams, outdoor recreation groups, community organizations, small adult groups and families.
Bring your friends, relatives, clubs and groups to experience a unique time away at the Lake Tahoe Retreat Center.
For more information email email@example.com or call (530) 546-2290.
See the photos of the facilities on the Photo Gallery drop down page.
- $25 per person per night.
- Minimum charge on weekends: $250 for first night; $200 minimum for additional nights. Plus $50 one-time Stewardship fee for kitchen use, cleaning, garbage disposal, paper supplies, minor repairs and improvements.
- Reservation Deposit: $250 (This deposit secures your reservation and will be applied to the total due.)
- The total is due at the conclusion of your stay. An invoice will be prepared while you are here.
- Make checks payable to Kings Beach United Methodist Church (KBUMC).
Site Location and Mailing Address:
Located: On Bear Street between Cutthroat and Dolly Varden Avenues (parking lot on Cutthroat)
Street Address: 8425 Dolly Varden, Kings Beach, California
Mailing Address: P.O. Box 609, Kings Beach, California 96143
For Further Information: Send your questions by email to the Retreat Center Director/pastor: Rev. Lisa Jean Hoefner at firstname.lastname@example.org
To Make a Reservation:
(1) Check Availability Calendar then print out a copy of the Retreat Request Form, or call or email.
(2) Complete the form, particularly with regard to full contact information.
(3) Add a check for the deposit made out to the Kings Beach United Methodist Church.
(4) Mail the completed form and the check to:
Kings Beach United Methodist Church
P. O. Box 609
Kings Beach, CA 96143
Upon receipt of your form and check we will respond with a confirmation email.
We look forward to hearing from you and hope that you will join us at beautiful Lake Tahoe!